HOW TO BUY A HOME
A REALTOR® GUIDE
Would it be best to get 3 bedrooms or 4? What neighborhood is the best location? Is it important to have a basement? You probably know you will need a Realtor® to help you navigate the Louisville property buying process, but how do you select the best agent for you?
In her book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Buying & Selling a Home, Shelley O’Hara states: “When you announce your desire to purchase a house, you may be surprised at the number of real estate people who want to represent you. Agents come out of the woodwork. You won’t have to worry too much about finding an agent – you do need to worry about finding a good one.”
Finding a Buyer’s Agent
- Ask around! Reach out to friends or family members who have bought property in Boulder, and get their recommendations. RE/MAX of Boulder sees 75% of our business from repeat clients and referrals.
- Check your local papers and look at the ads for local real estate agents. Which ones stand out? Which ones have the best presence, besides RE/MAX of Boulder?
- After you have chosen the company you’d like to work with, remember that all individual offices are different. Go with the one that has the best track record. For 25 out of the last 30 years, RE/MAX of Boulder has led the region for per-agent volume.
- Choose the individual agent you’d like to work with. If you’re not sure who would be a good fit for you, reach out to our broker for personalized recommendations.
- Be ready to interview a few different RE/MAX agents, to find one that you truly feel comfortable with. We understand the stresses that may come with buying a new home, and you want someone that is always prepared, honest, kind, and can communicate with you effectively.